Men's golf clubs have come a long way in the past few years, and the Cobra S3 Max Iron-Hybrid Set
show off their innovation better than most. Not every set of men's golf clubs would go ahead and combine low-profile, wide-sole irons with large-profile baffler-style hybrids either. Well, that's exactly what makes the Cobra S3 Max Iron-Hybrid Set so versatile. Or so they claim... We'll be the judge of that!
From hybrids to long and short irons the Cobra S3 Max Iron-Hybrid Set appear to have everything we're looking for in a game-improving set of clubs. Not to mention they were specifically designed to pick up where (last year's model) S2's left off, with consistent distance gapping, so you don't end up in-between clubs when it counts the most.
Each of the 431 stainless steel irons have a low profile, this actually helps move the center of gravity of each iron back, lower, and deeper for a higher ball trajectory. Keeping you in the fairway and on the greens more often. The wide soles of the S3's lend stability that help straighten up otherwise stray shots.
"Mid- and high-handicappers will find the Cobra S3 Max Iron-Hybrid set to be their savior set - especially if they're looking for maximum forgiveness and high launch, and for those who want long irons instead of hybrids, we offer an all-iron version of the set as well, featuring superior forgiveness and high launch."- Brian Zender, Cobra Golf.
S3 Max Iron-Hybrid Key Features:
- Maximum forgiveness and high launch in a set that replaces long-irons with hybrids.
- Designed to provide consistent and reliable distances from one club to the next.
- A low profile design shifts the center of gravity low and back for improved launch and maximum forgiveness.
- Railed, powerback sole improves turf interaction for more consistency and power at contact promoting higher launch and maximum forgiveness.
When recently approached by Cobra to test and review the S3 Max Iron-Hybrid Set, we were absolutely thrilled, because we feel that the S3's were designed with the weekend golfer in-mind. While we know most of you would much rather golf 3 - 5 days a week, it's just not happening. The only questions on our minds, was how do they preform? Are they all guts and no glory like so many other iron sets?
Over the course of the past 2 weeks, we threw everything we had at the S3's. Starting inside, on the simulator and ending on the 18 hole. Here's our results...
- Design - This was pretty easy... Straight out of the box these irons and hybrids jump out at you, they're wonderfully designed. While design and appearance won't typically help shave strokes off your game, it's nice to have a set of club that are the envy of your playing partners!
- Distance - Nothing too spectacular here, but we did see see an overall improvement across the board (2 - 6yrs on average). While we weren't hitting the ball too much further than normal, we did see a more noticeable change in trajectory. The S3's get the ball higher and the ball lands softer. This ball flight was experienced by all who participated in our testing
- Accuracy - Hours of testing on the simulator shown us that these bad boys are deadly! From a scratch golfer to a 26 handicap, our test crew was amazed with how forgiving the S3 irons and hybrids are.
- Control - Consistency is very important in the game of golf, especially when we're talking about distance. The Cobra S3's are tuned quite nicely. The S3 Max irons and hybrids produced very consistently results.
- Feel - At set-up, over the ball, and through the entire golf swing, the S3's feel great! Especially the hybrids.
The Bottom Line
: We recommend that any golfer who is looking for a new iron-hybrid set of golf club should take a good look at the Cobra S3 Max Iron-Hybrid Set
. Our results speak for themselves. Go to your local pro shop and set up a time to demo these irons and hybrids for yourself, you won't be sorry. Trust us! For more on the Cobra S3 Max set check out the video at the bottom of the page.