Wooden Bicycles like Renovo Hardwood R4 Pursuit Bicycle look sick and rides like the best of them. Renovo Hardwood Wooden Bicycles are made with two CNC'd halves of wood, leaving a hollow core. Renevo goes on to to say that the R4 Pursuit Bicycle is "The smoothest bike you'll ever ride, stealth quiet, light and responsive, stiff as you want. Renovo hollow wood and laminated bamboo frames will forever change your understanding of what a bicycle should be, and how these natural materials can perform when designed to their strengths."
Why wood? Do you ask...
* Lightweight; a frame weighs from 3.5 to 4.5 pounds--bikes, 16.5 to 20 pounds.
* A magically smooth ride thanks to wood's unique ability to absorb vibration--you feel the difference immediately.
* Stiffness to order: from carbon-stiff hickory and others, to the supple smoothness of laminated bamboo; you can tailor the stiffness and ride to what you want, not just what comes off a production line.
* The hardwood frame is remarkably tough. It easily withstands impacts that ruin butted metal or carbon frames.
* The fatigue life of wood rivals carbon and is substantially longer than aluminum or steel. The Renovo is an heirloom quality frame.
* The Renovo frame is environmentally friendly, with sustainable woods, bamboo and low VOC waterborne sealers and finishes.
Via The Awesomer
August 13, 2009 4:50 PM | Biking